Wednesday, January 20, 2010

There's No Need for a Gym Or Fancy Equipment to Lose Fat!

I'm reading: There's No Need for a Gym Or Fancy Equipment to Lose Fat!Tweet this!
Did you know that you can get an amazing workout from ONLY bodyweight exercises...and that this workout can be done LITERALLY anytime and anywhere?

Whenever I am busy and do not have time to go to the gym I do a bodyweight workout.  I will often do a short bodyweight workout on my off days just to get some activity into my day.  Bodyweight workouts are a great change from the gym.




I usually come up with a couple of different circuits and time myself.  This way the next time I go to do the circuit I can try and beat my best time.  It's like your competiting against yourself!
Check out this workout from Craig Ballantyne over at Turbulence Training.  If it looks familar it's because Craig published this workout in Men's Health and Women's Health magazines.

If you did this Turbulence Training Body Weight Workout 3x's a week, you'd be losing fat in no time!  And without a gym or equipment!

Warm-up Circuit - 2 sets - Spend 15 seconds on each exercise.

1) Jumping Jacks
2) Bodyweight Squat
3) Pushups
4) Mountain Climbers
5) Prisoner Forward Lunges
6) Stickups

Strength Superset

1A) Toughest pushup for 30 seconds (for me it is the decline close grip pushup)
1B) Toughest single leg exercise for 30 seconds per side (for me it is the one legged squat)

- Rest 1 minute before repeating this superset

Water break - 2 minutes

Conditioning Circuit - 20 seconds per exercise

1) Prisoner Squat
2) Pushup Plank
3) 1-leg hip extension
4) Close-grip pushup
5) Side Plank (20 sec each side)

- Rest 1 minute before repeating this circuit

Water break - 2 minutes
 
"THE FINISHER" - 20 seconds per exercise


1) Split Squat (20 sec per leg)
2) T-pushup
3) Prone Stick-ups
4) 1-Leg Deadlift (20 sec each leg)
5) Squat thrusts

- Rest 1 minute before repeating this circuit

Water break - 2 minutes

Stretching Circuit - 20 seconds per stretch

1) Hip Flexor Stretch
2) Glute Stretch
3) Chest Stretch
4) Hamstring Stretch
5) Shoulder Stretch

- Rest 1 minute before repeating this stretching circuit
 
That's it!!  All this can be done anywhere and without any equipement! 
 
If you like what Craig has to offer then I suggest you check out his site.  He has some great bodyweight programs and programs that can also be done at the gym.
 
Turbulence Training

No comments:

Post a Comment