Friday, January 15, 2010

Water for Weight Loss??

I'm reading: Water for Weight Loss??Tweet this!
I'm almost 2 weeks into the Turbulence Training Transformation Contest 7.  I think I'm doing a pretty good job too!  (I'll have an update later on my weight loss).  My biggest problem with losing weight has always been my diet.  Afterall, I love to workout, but eating small healthy meals has always been my problem.

So far I've been able to eat small healthy meals (5-6 per day). But the most important part of my diet is not what I've been eating, but what I've been DRINKING.


WATER!!

I have been trying to drink at least a gallon a day.  I've given up diet soda (I may have 1 with my reward meal each week) and the only other drinks I consumer are green tea, black coffee and protein shakes.

So why is water so important for weight loss?

If you do not drink enough water you will become dehydrated.  If you're dehydrated there is no way that your body can operate correctly and this will lead to a reduced fat loss rate.

Without enough water your body won’t burn fat as quickly, your muscles will loose strength (so there's no chance you will burn fat and gain muscle at the same time!!) and you’ll feel tired and fatigued.

There are a bunch of studies out there that show the horrible effects of what mild dehydration can do! 

So although water may not be a magic weight loss drink, it helps keep your body primed for fat burning.  Properly hydrating your body will allow you to feel less fatigued, more alert, perform better, think straighter, and feel like a million bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment