Sunday, August 2, 2009

Healthy Grilling!!

I'm reading: Healthy Grilling!!Tweet this!
I know I've been telling you about some great vegetarian meals lately, but today I have a great burger recipe for you. This weekend my brother-in-law visited to see the baby. We had a cookout that included the usually hot dogs and hamburgers. Since I am always interested in eating healthy and only have until Monday to finish the Transformation Contest 5, I made myself some very healthy and tasty Bison burgers (I offered to make them for everyone but nobody was interested, lol).

You can use free range Bison for this recipe or 99% Fat Free ground Turkey Breast.

Bison/Turkey Burger

1lb Bison or Ground Turkey Breast
3/4 cup of finely chopped almonds
1/8 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
1/4 teaspoon of Pepper
2 chopped green onions, including tops
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
1 tablespoon of fresh basil
Optional - 1/4 cup of whole grain bread crumbs

Mix together meat, salt, pepper, onions, egg whites, herbs and breadcrumbs. Form into patties (I usually get 4-5 patties for 1lb of meat). Coat patties with with almonds. Grill.

You can also just mix in the almonds in with the meat and herbs.

This is a great healthy recipe for summer grilling!

1 comment: