Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday's Workout and A Great Breakfast Recipe!

I'm reading: Tuesday's Workout and A Great Breakfast Recipe!Tweet this!
I finished up with TT's Lean and Jacked over the weekend. It was a great workout program and I really enjoyed my 4 weeks doing it. I've never done a workout before that has you lifting heavy for one part and doing high repetitions/low rest the other! I will say that Lean and Jacked is named correctly!!

Today I started the newest Turbulence Training workout, TT Fusion 2K9. Since Craig always varies his workout designs to keep your body guessing, I did something today I haven't done in almost 2 months!! HIIT on the treadmill! I have been purposely avoiding the treadmill because of my bad ankle and have been trying to do tabatas as my HIIT. Today I got back on the treadmill and it felt great to do something different!


Oatmeal Pancakes

This recipe is from Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle. It is a really healthy breakfast that you can prepare a night or two in advance and stick them in the fridge for breakfast the next morning.

Ingredients:

¾ cup Quaker quick oats or old-fashioned oatmeal
4 egg whites
1/2 apple, diced
1 scoop protein powder
1 Tsp. Cinnamon

Yield: 1 large pancake

Directions:

1.) Put all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Stir until the mixture has a semi-liquid pancake-batter-like consistency.

2.) Spray some non-stick spray on a frying pan and pour the mixture into the pan.

3.) Cook on medium heat. When one side is lightly browned and solid enough to flip, turn the pancake over with a spatula and cook the other side until lightly browned and firm.

Serving Size: 1 pancake
Calories: 423
Protein: 39.5 g
Carbs: 53.5 g.
Fat: 6 g.

NOTE: This makes a really filling breakfast! I was NOT able to finish 1 whole pancake. My recommendation is to use a less oatmeal so it is not so filling.

1 comment:

  1. Tried out this recipe, really great way to start off the day. Im trying to loose weight and am always looking for healthy recipes to fit into my regime. Ive also been buying some home fitness equipment and am working out on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete