Sunday, July 12, 2009

1 Month left of TC#5, Ripped, 6 Pack Abs possible?

I'm reading: 1 Month left of TC#5, Ripped, 6 Pack Abs possible?Tweet this!
I hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend.

There's only one month remaining the Turbulence Training Transformation Contest 5 so its time for me to get really serious and make sure I give it my all to get ripped 6 pack abs. It's not like I wasn't serious since the beginning of the contest, but I believe I burnt myself out in TC4 because I started off too strong.


For this contest I was dieting and exercising hard, but I did not restrict my calories as much as TC4.

Now with 1 month remaining in the contest I plan to get very strict with my diet and restrict my calories a little bit more. I currently weight 183lbs (11lbs lost so far) and I figure I need to drop down to 176-178lbs by the end of the contest to reach my goal of 6 pack abs and 10% body fat. In order to reach my desired weight I will have to lose 2lbs of fat a week. This is possible, but it will not be easy.

I sat down and looked at the last 4 weeks and have come up with a plan for my diet and exercise and have also added 1 supplement.

Supplements

I am still taking my fish oil and multi-vitamin. I'm not a big believer in any supplements out of fitness/muscle magazines because most of the guys in those ads are taking steroids.

The one supplement I will use is creatine. Creatine is not going to help me lose fat and get ripped. Since I will be restricting my calories I want to ensure that I will not lose muscle and creatine will help me do this.

Exercise

I started the TT Buff Dudes - Hot Chicks workout again. This workout really helped me lose a lot of fat during TC4 so why re-invent the wheel? If I know a workout burns fat and it has been a couple months since I've completed it, why not go back to it?

I am also going to add some light cardio to my week. I plan to take my son and dog on an hour walk at least 4 nights during the week. I know what you're thinking, 'Mike you hate long boring cardio!' You're right, but I'm considering this family bonding time!

Diet

As I've said above, I'm going to be restricting my calories even further. I do not know how much though. I've read Jon Benson's Radical Fat Loss Blueprint (see link on the right to get your free copy) and plan to adopt most of it to my diet. What I will not include from Jon's plan is his use of supplements and his exercise program. To avoid restricting my calories too much I also added a 4th meal per day.

Jon's diet plan goes around carb cycling. For each meal from Mon-Thurs I will have a lean source of protein (Chicken, Low Fat Ground Beef, Fish) along with a fibrous vegetable (carb) like broccoli.

On Friday and Sat I will have no carbs at all and will only eat egg whites and Bison (don't knock it until you've tried it. It tastes just like ground beef.) Sunday, I will have a cheat meal at lunch and a dinner of a salad, source of lean protein and vegetable.

I'm really pumped for this last month of the contest. I've already seen some great results in the mirror and am hoping to come very close to see some ripped 6 pack abs by the end!

I will definitely be giving updates to let everyone know if my diet and exercise programs are working!


PS. For those of you who don't eat meat, I will have a special treat for you on Wed. I will be able to give you a free vegetarian meal plan that will help you lose weight and get ripped and toned!

No comments:

Post a Comment