Friday, November 13, 2009

The Best Fat Loss Exercise?

I'm reading: The Best Fat Loss Exercise?Tweet this!
There is no single best fat loss exercise. Instead, you must have a list full of effective fat loss exercises, mainly exercises that focus on compound movements. This list will eliminate boredom and physical staleness from repeating the same fat burning exercises over and over again. Plus you will always keep your body guessing which helps ensure that you won’t plateau and will prevent overuse injuries.



That being said, I do have a favorite fat burning exercise. Not only is this exercise a great fat burner, but it can also be done anywhere! When this exercise is done properly, a few minutes of this exercise can burn as many calories as jogging at a steady pace for an entire boring hour!

Let me introduce you to the Advanced Burpee! The Advanced Burpee can be broken down into 4 steps. Please remember when performing this exercise that form is more important than speed. Make sure you take things slowly at first until you have sound form.
  1. Stand as if you were going to perform a body weight squat. Squat down, keeping your lower back straight and put your hands on the ground in front of your feet as if you were a frog about to jump to the next lily pad.

  2. Kick your feet back to bring yourself to a push-up position.

  3. Perform a push-up.

  4. At the top of the push-up thrust your legs back up into the squat position (‘frog’ position) with your hands still on the floor.

  5. Finish by jumping up in the air with your arms straight up, as if you wanted to touch the sky. Once you’ve landed, quickly drop back down into the ‘frog’ position (step 1) and continue to do the exercise for the allotted time or # of repetitions.

Since the Advanced Burpee can be done anywhere, I use it as a complete workout when I’m traveling or when I don’t have time to make it to the gym.

The workout is rather simple: I set my stop watch to 5 minutes and do as many Advanced Burpees as I can in the allocated 5 minutes. I keep track of how many Advanced Burpees I do and try to improve on that number the next time I perform the workout.

Although there are a lot of different fat burning exercises out there, the Advanced Burpee is one of the most effective and one of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment