Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Top 5 Ways to Fight Junk Food Cravings

I'm reading: Top 5 Ways to Fight Junk Food CravingsTweet this!
1. Just try and stick it out - This is obviously the hardest way to avoid not eating junk. I’ve never smoked, but trying to just sit back and ignore the craving must feel similar to trying to quit smoking cold turkey.


2. Remember your goals - If you are in a transformation competition, like myself, or have a reunion or wedding coming up, remind yourself of your end goal and why you can’t succumb to sweets. Most likely you will not want any junk food after thinking about your long term goals.

3. Get on the Internet and find motivation - If I’m craving sweets or any type of junk food I head straight to the Internet or health magazine. Why? Because pictures fitness models, buff guys and really hot chicks makes me realize that my body is not where I want it YET. Seeing these pictures makes me think if I really NEED the sweets/junk food.

4. Drink some water - Sometimes when you are feeling a craving for junk you’re not really hungry, but thirsty. Try drinking a one or two glasses of water and wait 10-20 minutes. I’m willing to bet your craving goes away.

5. Have something sweet, Fruit!! – If you really need to eat something then have some fruit. It should fulfill your sweet craving and it is very good for you. If you are worried about the extra carbs in fruit than try eating berries. (Strawberries, raspberries, blue berries, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment