Sunday, May 17, 2009

Eat Stop Eat my way to 6 Pack Abs!!

I'm reading: Eat Stop Eat my way to 6 Pack Abs!!Tweet this!
I hope everyone had a great weekend. I keep saying that a great fat loss diet (ie. healthy lifestyle eating) is the fastest way to 6 pack abs. Friday my eating was totally clean. It was clean because I ate NOTHING!!

I know you are saying that this can't be healthy. Although I was burning calories, I must have been burning muscle, right? Well you're wrong! Brad Pilon has a great book about fasting called Eat Stop Eat.

I'm not going to get into the scientifics of it, but Brad tells us that fasting 1-2 days a week can actually be helpful in fat loss. He states that this will not bring your body into starvation mode, but can actually help with insulin levels and help increase growth hormone in the body. Both of these play key roles in burning fat and muscle growth.

I am personally going to do Eat Stop Eat once per week along with my healthy eating habits the other 6 days a week.

Here are some questions friends have asked me about Eat Stop Eat:

I can't make the 24 hours without eating, how do you do it?

If you time your fasts the right way, you can sleep through a majority of the fast. I started at 7pm Thursday night and ended at 7pm Friday night. I went to bed at 10pm on Thurs night and slept until 7am on Friday morning. That's 9 hours of the fast and I wasn't even awake!!

If I'm fasting that means I can't eat or drink anything?

No, you can drink zero calorie drinks. This means you can have plenty of water, green tea, BLACK coffee, and although I don't recommend it, you can have diet soda.

Won't I get light headed?

I have been doing Eat Stop Eat since January and have yet to feel light headed. I always make sure to keep drinking to avoid this. During my fasting days, I take in at least double the amount of water I normally do. This keeps me from becoming light headed and also keeps me from feeling hungry.

Here is some detail from 24 hour fast.

Thursday at 7pm I finished my dinner and started my fast. I had a couple glasses of water and then went to bed at 10pm.

I awoke at 7am and got ready for work. I drank a glass of water and made a pot of coffee. I had a BLACK cup of coffee and began work.

From 9am -11:30am I was able to do all of my work without any problems or any feeling of being hungry. I continued to drink water during this time period to try and keep myself from feeling hungry.

At 11:30 I had another cup of black coffee to get ready for the gym. I immediately followed this with a glass of water to keep from becoming dehydrated.

12pm - I went to the gym and the fast had NO effect on my workout. I got my workout done in under 45 minutes and it was very intense. I felt no energy lost from fasting at all.

1pm - 5pm. I did my work as usual, constantly sipping on water. I felt no effects from not eating. My mind actually seemed clearer during the afternoon. I did notice that most days after lunch I usually felt like taking a nap. This did not happen today!! My afternoon was a lot more productive because of it.

6pm - With an hour to go, I started to feel a little hungry. To combat this I made myself a cup of green tea and then chugged a cold glass of water. This did the trick!!

7pm - Sat down to a great dinner of chicken breast with spinach and a salad.


So as you can see I made it through the 24 hour fast without any problems. I did this and got a great workout in too. I will have my weight loss for the week posted tomorrow so we will see if fasting helped or not. I do suggest that you go check out Brad's site for Eat Stop Eat. He offers a free newsletter that you can sign-up for to obtain more information on intermittent fasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment