Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Knowledge = 6 Pack Abs?

I'm reading: Knowledge = 6 Pack Abs?Tweet this!
In order to achieve the goal of 6 pack abs you need to know what you are doing with your eating habits and your exercise program. If you mess up either one of those, then you most likely won't get lean and won't see your 6 pack.


That is why I think knowledge is a key part of getting 6 pack abs. With the internet there are plenty of useful places to look.


I know exactly what you are thinking:


1. "Mike, how am I supposed to find something that works and isn't a scam?"


2. "Mike most of the sites on the internet want me to pay for an ebook!"


To find information that isn't a scam is actually pretty easy. Find sites that are written by well established trainers. If you find a blog, see how many followers there are and see if the trainer posts success stories.


A lot of the sites out there do want you to buy their ebooks. So how did I get around this? Most of those sites offer FREE email news letters. In these news letters the trainers usually give away some free tips. If you read and collect these newsletters you can obtain a lot of FREE information!


Now not all sites will work for you, that's why I will subscribe to the newsletters to see if the trainers basic techniques work. After all, you are the only person with your body and you need to find out what works for you.


For example look at the bodyweight workout I got off of Workoutmuse.com. I plan to do this for my next off-day workout:


Do 3-5 Circuits and take 1-2 minutes rest between circuits:


1. Burpees - 40 sec on, 20 sec off

2. Jump Squats -- 40 sec on, 20 sec off

3. Mountain Climbers- 40 sec on, 20 sec off

4. Rolling Pushups- 40 sec on, 20 sec off

5. Burpees- 40 sec on, 20 sec off


I did this with Craig's newsletter and then subscribed to Turbulence Training and it has worked out great so far.


I am still subscribing to newsletters because I know that the body adapts pretty quickly and I am looking for a possible change of pace to Turbulence Training. When I do decide to purchase something I will review it here.


If you are looking for sites to start with, please look at the links on the right side of my blog. They all offer free newsletters so you can gain the knowledge you need to get lean and get 6 pack abs! I will also be updating my blog roll as I find good training and dieting sites.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mike! Great post!!! I am sure you will accomplish those abs this challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got a clear idea of how to get your 6packs. With your heart and mind who knows... you may end up with 8 packs!

    ReplyDelete