Wednesday, September 16, 2009

5 Tips to be Successful in the Transformation Contest 6

I'm reading: 5 Tips to be Successful in the Transformation Contest 6Tweet this!
Since I am joing the Transformation Contest 6, I went over some of my 'rules' to have a successful contest. These are just 5 tips and I will share more as I make my through the contest, but they are 5 very important tips that can help you in your start of

1. Start Small/Slow - It most likely has taken you years to put that gut on, so don't expect it to come off in a few short weeks. That being said, start with small changes to your diet. Instead of soda, drink water. Instead of fries, have a salad. The point to making small changes slowly is so that you can make lifestyles changes and not just have short-term diet changes.

Start with Turbulence Training, but go light on the weights the first week! There's no need to be superman your first week back in the gym. Use a lighter weight until you are used to the program. Now I'm not telling you not to push yourself, but you don't need to such a heavy weight were you injure yourself.


2. Plenty of Water - Make sure you drink at least half your body weight (in ounces) of water a day. Staying hydrated is important for your body to recover, plus it will keep you fuller longer! I suggest giving up or limiting you soda intake. You may be drinking diet soda with zero calories, but although you aren't taking in extra calories, you are taking in extra sodium. This can lead to weight gain through water retention! During the contest I will only drink water, coffee, green tea and fat free milk.

3. Eat Plenty of Protein - I usually eat 6 meals a day and try to have a source of protein at each meal. Ideally I'd like to have a source of lean protein like chicken, beef or fish, but any protein source will do. Eggs, nuts, beans and protein shakes are also great ways to make sure you get enough protein. Why plenty of protein? Your body has to burn calories to break down the protein! I try to eat a gram of protein for every pound of body weight.
4. Eat Plenty of Fiber - Fiber helps keep you fuller longer so you will not venture off to the vending machine looking for a Snickers fix! I try to get most of my fiber by eating a vegtable at every meal.

5. Rest!! - Make sure you get plenty of sleep and make sure you give you body time to rest between workouts. A lack of sleep will not let your body recover, and you will see lesser resuls. Lack of rest between workouts can lead to overuse injuries and will also not let your body fully recover for the best results possible.
Hopefully you'll join me in the contest! It is a great investment in your self!!
=> Sign up here for the Transformation Contest 6
=> Get your trial version of Turbulence Training

No comments:

Post a Comment