Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday's Meals and Workout

I'm reading: Sunday's Meals and WorkoutTweet this!
First, I'm trying a new 'experiment' for TC6 with regards to my eating. I am still doing Eat Stop Eat 2x per week but I am also going to take the intermittent fasting a bit further.


I actually plan to do 'mini fasts' everyday. Basically I plan to finish eating for the day around 8 or 9pm everyday. The next time I eat will not be until an hour after my lunch time workout around 2pm. That is about 17 hours of fasting.


When I do eat, I will still consume my daily calorie requirements (except for day I'm doing Eat Stop Eat). I will just fit it in between 2pm and 9pm. This intermittent fasting closes follows what Jon Benson writes about in his Rapid Fat Loss book.


I believe that Eat Stop Eat along with this new intermittent fasting routine will help me excel at the diet part of this contest. Of course exercise is also very important and my Turbulence Training workouts will also be key!


Today's Meals


2pm - Protein Shake with blueberries, strawberries, spinach, fat free yogurt, fat free milk and whey

3pm - Protein Shake with blueberries, strawberries, spinach, fat free yogurt, fat free milk and whey

5pm - Piece of whole wheat toast with natural peanut butter and a banana

7pm - Salad with hard boiled egg and balsamic vinegar. Chicken with string beans.

9pm - Protein Shake with blueberries, strawberries, spinach, fat free yogurt, fat free milk and whey



Today's Workout


I did workout B from Turbulence Training's Lean and Jacked. The beginning of the workout hit my legs HARD!! After 2 super-sets I was ready to go home!


But guess what? The workout did not end there! This is where the 'Lean' part of the workout came in. Craig had me do a variety of kettle bell swings and a bunch of body weight exercises. 500 reps total!


Needless to say, I was wiped by the time I got back in my car. To add to my workout I also mowed the lawn today. It may not seem like much, but after the Lean and Jacked workout, the push mower really did prove to be a challenge and got my heart rate up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment