Saturday, April 25, 2009

Off Day Workout and Diet

I'm reading: Off Day Workout and DietTweet this!
After a long week, I'm starting to get back into the swing of things, both with eating right and exercise. Let's start with the food:

Breakfast/Pre-workout: 4 egg whites with 1 whole egg on a whole-wheat English Muffin (I normally would have thrown spinach in with the eggs, but I ran out)

Post-Workout - Fat-free plain yogurt with strawberries, blueberries and a scoop of whey mixed in.

Snack - 1 Apple and a handful of almonds

Dinner - Grilled Chicken breast on top of a salad with green bell pepper and broccoli. I used 2 tbsp of South Beach Diet Balsamic Vinegar.

Normally I would have a couple more meals/snacks but I did at least 5 hours of yard work and it was 90 degrees out so I drank a lot of water, which filled me up.

Since today was an off day from my TT routine, I decided to try some of the concepts from Jon Benson's Radical Fat Loss Program.

Basically it is suggest for whatever exercise you do, you pick a weight that you can do 10 reps. You do 1 set and then only take 30 seconds for rest. You keep on repeating this until you can only get 3 repetitions up. After I finished this workout I was drenched with sweat!!

Here's what I did:

Bench Press - 225lbs sets of 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, & 3
Squats - 225lbs sets of 10, 9, 7, 5, 4 & 3
Preacher Curls - 75 lbs sets of 10, 8, 6, 5 & 3
Triceps Push Downs- 90lbs, sets of 10, 9, 9, 7, 6, 5, 3

And again, I was able to get this work-out done very quickly. I was in and out of the gym in 45 minutes and that included the lengthy conversation I had AFTER my workout with someone regarding the NFL Draft (I am a fantasy football junky).

The exercise routine comes from Jon's 7 Minute Muscle Program. I think after TC5, that I am going to try this program. Turbulence Training works great, but I love switching things up and Jon's program seems pretty great too!

I'll post pictures of my new secret Fat Burning Weapon tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment